Re: [gnome-db] About sybase ...

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Edi STOJICEVIC
<estojicevic debianworld org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm new on this list and I have a couple of questions :)

Hi!

>  I just installed a debian desktop to one of my colleague but he asked me
>  about something like embarcadero ...
>
>  apt-cache helped me and I finally found mergeant but I have some issues
>  with it :( Basically I configured a new freetds datasource and I can
>  connect, I can use the SQL Console but that's all ... I dont have any
>  table on the left side but when I do a select in the console it's okay
>
>  Any idea ?

Mergeant uses Libgda's database adaptators (providers) to access
databases, and the FreeTDS does not offer all
the features of the more "mainstream" providers such as PostgreSQL,
MySQL or Oracle. Wtiting a database provider is not difficult but it
has to be done, and in the case of Sybase, one probably needs to have
a licence...

Also Mergeant is a work-in-progress at the moment so you may expect
some crashes...

Regards,