Re: [gnome-db] mysql provider on win32

Hi,
 The MySQL provider that I compile with MinGW/MSYS on win32 won't load.
 The output of gda-list-config-3.0 under tools is:
    ** (list-sources:2268): WARNING **: Error: %1 is not a valid Win32
 application.
 but nothing else related to mysql appears.
 When I delete libgda-mysql.dll fro the providers directory this line is
 not displayed.
 Any idea why this DLL won't load?

No idea, I don't think I've played with the MySQL provider under
Windows... I just compiled it.

Googling that showed some people which recommended to check that no
virus had damaged the file (you can always check in any case...).
Otherwise I suggest you use a debugger to see what happens...

Keep me posted.

Thank for the tip.
In fact the word "damaged" in your mail made me remember I actually ran strip on the dll from the binary win32 distribution of MySQL.
If I don't strip libmysql.dll it works fine.
So somehow strip damages it...
Brecht