[gnome-db] gda_connection_update_meta_store() is slow

In libgda-3.0 we used gda_connection_get_schema() as needed in Glom to
discover:
- The list of field types supported by the server.
- The list of tables.
- The list of fields for each table.

But in libgda-4.0 we must use gda_connection_update_meta_store() and
then look at the meta store to get that information. But that doesn't
allow us to just discover the field types or tables, without updating
all the other information too. And it's very slow, taking around 15
seconds on my PC with a local Postgres server.

Is there a better way to do this?

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com