[gnome-db] libgda-v4 performance problems

Hi!

After I already reported some performance problems with libgda-3.0 we
updated our whole database stuff to libgda-v4. It's a bit faster but we
still have bad performance for any query.

callgrind output says about:
30% libgobject (g_object_set)
21% libglib (g_list_append)
21% libc (mcount/malloc)
14% libsqlite

This is already much better than libgda-3.0 where libsqlite did not
appear at all but still a lot of time is wasted. We have a quite
synthetic test case in the anjuta module in GNOME-SVN:

In plugins/symbol-db/test there is a test called "benchmark" and you
have to call it with a directory of sources (full path). To get
comparable results you might want to do something like

# ./benchmark /home/jhs/devel/anjuta-trunk/libanjuta/

It parses all those files with ctags and puts the result in a sqlite
database.

Would be nice if someone could make suggestions to improve the
situation!

Thanks,
Johannes