Re: [gnome-db] Indentured View in Grid?

On Nov 24, 2007 6:40 PM, Andrew Rowland <weibullguy gmail com> wrote:
> I really like the ease with which I can interact with my databases using
> libgda/libgnomedb.  Great tool, thanks a lot for your work.  I have one
> thing I've been trying to do with no success thus far.  I have data that
> I would like to display in a hierarchical format such as below.  Is
> there any way to create an indentured list using either the db grid
> and/or the data store?
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
> Item 1
>         Subitem 1a
>         Subitem 1b
>                 Subsubitem 1b1
> Item 2

The short answer is it's not possible with Libgnomedb. Note however
it's possible with GTK+ directly but then you'll have to write your
own code.

Also in the past Diego Zuccato proposed (2 years ago, see
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-db-list/2006-January/msg00030.html)
to add that feature to Libgda but it was posponed because of the other
tasks to do. Basically all would be required would be to modify the
GdaDataModel interface to add support for hierachical rows, and modify
the GnomeDbDataStore to handle that addition.

Regards,