Re: [gnome-db] Problem with database name and gnome-database-properties

On 3/27/07, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com> wrote:
On 3/27/07, Steev Klimaszewski <steev gentoo org> wrote:
> Using the 2.99.6 snapshots and 0.66 of mergeant...
>
> Connecting to an MSSQL database, using FreeTDS backend, the name of our
> database is S4F_Data
>
> however, in the database properties window, it continually changes the
> name to "S4F Data" which is different than "S4F_Data" - and thus, will
> not allow me to connect to the database.
>
> Also, in the datasource properties, when I hit test after renaming it to
> S4F_Data it tests successfully, hitting Browse does nothing, and hitting
> close reverts it back to "S4F Data"

I'll investigate that ASAP.

The problem is due to a bug in the entry widget used internally by
libgnomedb; I've corrected it and it'll be available tonight in SVN.
You can either use the SVN version tomorrow or wait for a new release
(or I can send you some snapshot, tell me) if you want to test.

Thanks for reporting the problem,