Re: [gnome-db] libgda performance issues

"Vivien Malerba" <vmalerba gmail com> wrote:

> As for the API extension, it could be possible to add some parameters
> to the execute() function implemented within each provider to specify
> what GType is expected for each column of the SELECT query being
> executed (note that the current operating mode would still be
> useable).

I think I do not follow.
Do you mean I can invoke gda_connection_execute_select_command with
GdaParameterList ?

If yes, does it mean I can use gda_parameter_list_add_param_from_value?
If yes, does, 'name' argument is column name?

And if I can use GdaParameterList, what's the correct way to use it?

GdaParameterList* gda_parameter_list_new    (GSList *params);
requires params, while gda_parameter_list_add_param_from_value will
return GdaParameter but still requires GdaParameterList.

Piotras