Re: [gnome-db] Formatting numbers in Form/Grid

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 19:35 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
[snip]
> So for your specific problem, I suggest you write a GnomeDbDataEntry
> and a GtkCellRenderer which display dates in the way you want. Also if
> you want and if the plugin you write could be usefull to others, we
> could include it into the libgnomedb's sources.

Couldn't we just extend the existing widgets? They must do some kind of
sprintf() at the moment, so we could just provide API to allow you to
specify a different sprintf format. Or maybe a cell_data_func callback.

I would prefer a more meaningful way to define formatting, which would
be used for interpretation too, but that can be added in a future
version. For instance, Glom has this simple data structure:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/glom/trunk/glom/libglom/data_structure/numeric_format.h?rev=845&view=markup

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com