[gnome-db] Writing a ldap port

 Hello to all.
 First i apologise for english sorry.
 ¿if anybody could help me? i will thank you.

 I was seeking some ldap ports examples like msql, as
 Vivien and Rodrigo recomended me.

 Now i'm writing a libgda ldap port implementation
 and i am  stay on gda-ldap-recordset and writing the
 following funtions:

 fetch_row &
 gda_ldap_recordset_get_n_rows

 I'm think that fetch_row is to get a row's info and
 gda_ldap_recordset_get_n_rows isto get the rows
 cant.

 I know that ldap is not a data base like *sql is
 a «directory entries».

 When i am searching with LDAP API functions a server
 can send me three different types of results back to
 the client:
     * Directory entries found by the search.
     * Any search references found within the scope
 of the search (a search reference is a reference
 to another LDAP server).
    * An LDAP result code specifying the result of
 the search operation.
 Where the results are represented by LDAPMessage
 structures.

 The server returns the search results as a chain of
 LDAPMessage structures. Each structure contains an
 entry, a search reference, or an LDAP result code.
 To access data from entries found by the search, i
 need to follow this general process:

    1. Get each entry in the results.
    2. Get the attributes from each entry.
    3. Get the values from each attribute.

 But i can see the results as a table that have one
 column and n rows.where each row could be a pointer
 to two mores tables a table that represents
 attributes
 and other table that represents a  values.

 Or  i can see the results as a table that have one
 column and n rows.where each row could be a only
 a informations pointer.

 if i use that, then  with
 gda_ldap_recordset_get_n_rows
 get the rows from the eqiv. table
 & with fetch_row i could get the «information's
 pointer» or table's pointer to table's attributes
 and table's values from entries.

 My quetion is:
 ¿is a good vision from that ?.
 ¿anybody has other thinks?
 ¿some ideas?
 Thanks for you attention.
 Rergards to all.

> E.E.F.J.
> arawaco ieee org

> Correo Yahoo!
> Espacio para todos tus mensajes, antivirus y
> antispam ¡gratis!
> Regístrate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/

E.E.F.J.
arawaco ieee org