Re: [gnome-db] Starting a new proyect

On 9/22/06, Juan Pablo <jpdborgna yahoo com ar> wrote:
Hi list!
I used the version 1.2.1 of libgda and gnomedb which are in debian
stable for a big proyect and it end up right.
Now im planning a new program and i know i have to use the new version,
but (i follow all messages from this list) you change things pretty
fast.
Should i keep using the "stable" version from debian or some new
release? which?

I would personnally recommend you to start with the new version as it
is now pretty stable (the only modifications now are some API renaming
to be more coherent, and this is fully documented). By the time your
project is out, a "2.0" version should also be out.

Other thing: Is there any way to compile my programs that use the 1.2.1
version with this new release? I remember some talking of this on the
list, did some doc came from it?

AFAIK no doc has been written about the migration from 1.2.x to "2.0"
versions. However I believe all the features of 1.2 have been retained
in "2.0", and the major changes are as new API, so it should be
_fairly_ easy to recompile your code. If you got any problem, I can
try to help you.

Regards,