Re: [gnome-db] libgda2, creating tables

On 9/13/06, Neil Williams <linux codehelp co uk> wrote:
I'm building a new backend module of my own program to interface with
libgda2 (libgda2-3 in Debian, upstream v1.2.3-2).

I can create the data source and connect - I'm not clear on how to
create the tables before I can start using queries to insert (and then
select/update/delete) data.

I'm trying to use GdaFieldAttributes and gda_connection_create_table.

I can't find examples / documentation for how the field attributes
should be organised for a particular table.

I'm getting errors of:
    gda_server_provider_create_table: assertion `CLASS
(provider)->create_table != NULL' failed

Help?
:-)

The error you get is because the database adaptator (provider) that
you use does support table creation. Table creation, deletion, ... has
been added (and is implemented by the Postgres, MySQL and SQLite
providers with others to follow) to libgda version >= 1.9.103 or CVS
version (this version is a beta version of the next stable versions).

I suggest that you use this version and not the current and obsolete version.

Regards,