[gnome-db] libgda2, creating tables

I'm building a new backend module of my own program to interface with
libgda2 (libgda2-3 in Debian, upstream v1.2.3-2).

I can create the data source and connect - I'm not clear on how to
create the tables before I can start using queries to insert (and then
select/update/delete) data.

I'm trying to use GdaFieldAttributes and gda_connection_create_table.

I can't find examples / documentation for how the field attributes
should be organised for a particular table.

I'm getting errors of:
    gda_server_provider_create_table: assertion `CLASS
(provider)->create_table != NULL' failed

Help?
:-)

Project : QOF
Upstream: http://qof.sourceforge.net/