[gnome-db] Create Index using new ddl functionality.

Hi Vivien,

Looking into the Create index situation at the moment. Also here we lost some functionality with the previous implementation. I agree that the new situation is is closer to the syntax of CREATE INDEX of the various providers, but since there is no ALTER TABLE available (yet) through this new ddl interface, there are some limitations introduced with this new stuff.

In the old situation we had 3 types of index:

-1 Primary
-2 Unique
-3 'Normal'.

In case 1 and 2, for most providers an ALTER TABLE statement was created and only for the 3rd type a CREATE INDEX.

In the current situation, we only have situation 3.

I guess, the best situation would be to introduce an ALTER option next to the existing CREATE and DROP that is already in place. Is this being worked on at the moment? If not are there plans to introduce this? What is the status of this?

Thanks,
Bas.