Re: [gnome-db] Delete GdaValue and use only GValue proporsal

On 3/20/06, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
> As I know, most of the new or actual users of the libgda, may don't know
> about GdaValue is now realy GValue, and that's why may mos of them don't use
> the GLib's related functions about it; for this reazon I propose to delete
> the GdaValue as a Type and use, for all the API and providers developtment,
> GValue enstead.

The GdaValue is indeed defined as a GValue, but it has the following advantages:
-> there is only a limited number of value types which the providers
are supposed to handle, which means data handling is easier to write
since the types to handle are known.
-> each value type is part of an enum which means it can be used in
switch statements
-> there is the NULL GdaValue which is different than the NULL pointer
and which is not handled this way in GValues.

Considering the points mentionned above, I don't see what the point of
removing the GdaValue is.

Regards,