Re: [gnome-db] What about the new realice of gnome-db?

2006/1/5, Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>:
> On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 09:13 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
[...]
> > As for me I've been working on the merge of all the non graphical part
> > of libgnomedb into libgda (mainly the dictionary and the queries) and
> > an improvement of both libgda and libgnomedb APIs (better consistency
> > and ease of use). I'll upload all those changes into CVS when Rodrigo
> > has released 2.0.
> >
> do those changes break the 1.9.x API? If so, I wonder if we want to have
> those changes in 2.0 also, since breaking the API a lot again in 2.1.x
> would not be a good idea, IMO.

The libgda and libgnomedb APIs are changed, so yes, this will be for
the next major release, definitely not for the 2.0 release. I plan to
commit this to CVS HEAD after you have made the 2.0 branch to avoid
conflicting with that branch.

Cheers,