Re: [gnome-db] append row to data model.

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 09:35 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
2006/1/28, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
> 2006/1/27, Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com>:
> >  On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 11:45 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> >  2006/1/26, Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com>:
> > [...]
> > > OK, understood Vivian. Will do some testing with MySQL in the morning. To
> > > avoid that we overlap any source roll-ins. I will NOT apply anything to
> > CVS
> > > HEAD unless you advise me otherwise. Once you have applied your local copy
> > > to CVS HEAD, I will re-test and double check if all works OK.
> > >

> > Ok, I'll try to commit all that to CVS tonight.
> >

> >  Just tested latest CVS HEAD with your changes committed. All datamodel
> > actions related to PostgreSQL work beautiful again. There are some issues
> > with the MySQL provider however. When loading the data from the MySQL table
> > into a database I get the following warning:
> >
> >  ** (xobas-data:28609): WARNING **: Row out 0 of range 0 - 0
> >

> All right, that is due to some warnings I introducted, I've corrected
> this in my working copy.
>
> >  I have to review exactly where that comes from, but since I have not
> > changed my side of things, this may be an introduced problem in libgda. More
> > worrying though is that any update calls to the database (append, update
> > etc) result in the following abort:
> >
> >  /home/bas/xobas/xobas-data/src/.libs/lt-xobasdatd: symbol
> > lookup error:
> > /opt/builds/gnome-db/cvs/live/head/libgda/lib/libgda-1.9/providers/libgda-mysql.so:
> > undefined symbol: gda_data_model_get_command_type
> >  [bas ams src]$
> >
> >  It appears that something is not available in the mysql library.

Can you test with the last commit I've done?

Apologies for delay in reply. Thanks Vivian, it works much better now. I do get an assertion error on a deletion of a row:

** (xobas-data:21257): CRITICAL **: gda_mysql_recordset_remove_row: assertion `gda_data_model_is_updatable (GDA_DATA_MODEL (model))' failed

As a result the removal fails. Besides that all is OK. Let me know if you want me to  look into this in libgda/mysql, or if you want to do it yourself in case you know the cause already.

Thanks,
Bas.