Re: [gnome-db] PATCH - Gnome-Db Data Entries Widgets

2006/8/28, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
On 8/21/06, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
> This patch works on Data Entries, again to change some over GObject
> implementation, in order to better intigration in Glade3.
>
> Some work could be on GnomeDbForm in order to allow desing of Forms in
> Glade3 or in other programs like Anjuta or Glom.
>
> Please review to changes the macros like IS_GNOME_DB_ to GNOME_DB_IS_ in
> order to follow the GTK way.

Sorry for taking so long to review your patch... Anyway, the
libgnomedb/data-entries/gnome-db-entry-date.[ch] and
libgnomedb/data-entries/gnome-db-entry-timestamp.[ch] are missing from
the diff file.

Also why did you add those 2 files? (date and timestamp are already
handled correctly in the gnome-db-entry-time.c file).

Yes that's correct, but in the process to allow the data entry widgets to be better integrated with glade3 to create GUI's, I moved the create_widget() function to the _init one, that allow that the GUI designer "see" the actual widget and not just an "empty box"; that box isn't too clear if it is a combo, a text entry, a date entry or other. Now for the time widget, it need to know the type of the Value in order to create a date, a time or a timestamp widget, in terms of a GUI designer this type couldn't be stablished becouse the connection to the DB not exist (for the point of Glade3 point of view). then I found that may is better to have a specialiced widget to handle the type of the GUI designer (a form designer) could expect when the form is in use. (Attached you'll find the missing files).

As a paralel discusion I found the the create_widget function interfase in the GnomeDbDataEntryWrapper could be eliminated becouse the widget could create it selft in the _init function; other point is the *entry pointer the priv structure of the Wrapper, the widget that implements that interfase actualy have a pointer to the *entry it use to handle the data, then that pointer not need to be in the Wrapper.

Let me insist to sustitud the macros: IS_GNOME_DB_widget by GNOME_DB_IS_widget in order to be "a la" GTK and GLib. This apply too, to the GNOME_DB_TYPE_widget where in Gtk uses GTK_widget_TYPE; could be review this point?

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)