Re: [gnome-db] gda_postgres_make_error function with sqlstate support

On 7/26/05, Juan Manuel Mouriz <jmouriz gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a version of libgda/providers/postgres/utils.c
> gda_postgres_make_error function with sqlstate support:
>
> GdaError *
> gda_postgres_make_error (PGconn *pconn, PGresult *pg_res)
> {
>         GdaError *error;
>         gchar *sqlstate;
>
>         error = gda_error_new ();
>         if (pconn != NULL) {
>                 gchar *message;
>
>                 if (pg_res != NULL) {
>                         message = PQresultErrorMessage (pg_res);
>                         sqlstate = PQresultErrorField (pg_res,
> PG_DIAG_SQLSTATE);
>                 } else {
>                         message = PQerrorMessage (pconn);
>                         sqlstate = _("Not available");
>                 }
>
>                 gda_error_set_description (error, message);
>                 gda_error_set_sqlstate (error, sqlstate);
>         } else {
>                 gda_error_set_description (error, _("NO DESCRIPTION"));
>                 gda_error_set_sqlstate (error, _("Not available"));
>         }
>
>         gda_error_set_number (error, -1);
>         gda_error_set_source (error, "gda-postgres");
>
>         return error;
> }
>
> Can we replace the current gda_postgres_make_error with this more
> useful function?.

As a matter of fact I've just started to work on this particular area
and so far I have:
-> renamed GdaError to GdaConnectionEvent because I want to use this
object not only to report errors but warnings and notifications as
well

Here is what I plan to do:
-> use the GdaConnectionEvent object to improve feedback from the providers
-> improve the GdaConnection API by adding a GError argument to the
function calls

I'll modify the gda_postgres_make_error() to add your modifications.