Re: [gnome-db] When 1.2 version will be ready?

On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 09:04 +0100, Urbani Jacopo wrote:
> Il giorno sab, 18-12-2004 alle 19:09 -0700, Neil Zanella ha scritto:
> > Out of curiosity, why do such widgets require gnome?
> > Couldn't you just make some GTK ones instead?
> > That way we could all use them under Windows
> > as well.
> >
> I think that in this way the library is more integrated in the gnome
> environment, and then... who needs windows? :)

well, not really, we use libgnome* because things available there are
not available in any other place. Of course, using those libraries makes
the app be much more integrated in GNOME, but that was before, now most
applications are moving to plain GTK, which allows also, as you said,
for a better portability to other OS's (even if we don't need them
ourselves :) and perfectly integrates apps into the GNOME desktop.

So, yeah, we'll appreciate patches for removing any libgnome* usage with
their GTK/GLib equivalents.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>