RE: [gnome-db] working example of libgda conf file with ODBC provider

Acting on the advice of others, I’ve upgraded libgda and libgnomedb to version 1.1.99 and mergeant to 0.52.  Unfortunately, I’m still unable to connect to my Oracle 9i database through unixODBC using mergeant.  My connection string is DSN=oracle where “oracle” is defined as a system dsn under unixOBDC.  I did attempt to use the Oracle provider under mergeant.  The connection was successful but the process was riddled with error boxes.  Only three of over 100 tables were accessible.  Any help on the ODBC side would be appreciated.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-db-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gnome-db-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Rick Marsico
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:58 AM
To: gnome-db-list gnome org
Subject: [gnome-db] working example of libgda conf file with ODBC provider

I’ve been very unsuccessful in locating documentation supporting the definition of a data source supporting an ODBC connection.  I’ve successfully implemented unixODBC and an open source ODBC driver.  The driver has been verified against an Oracle 9i database using both isql and C# mono applications.  However, when using Mergeant 0.12.1 in the same SuSE 9.1 environment, I’ve been unsuccessful in connecting to my data source.  A sample libgda configuration file would be very helpful at this point if one is available.

Thank you,

Rick