[gnome-db] trigger support or simulation with libgda ?

hello together,
I'm new to libgda, so I took some time to review your library the last days:
its great, thanks for your work !

I'm looking for a mechanism to watch the changes made in a table ...
Is it possible to define a listener (and a callback) that monitors a table and throws the
callback or a signal if one of the typical DML-commands (insert, update, delete) ran ???

The program I'm writing is a service, what has to make some actions, if the data in
the monitored table was changed from outside (maybe by a webfrontend or anything else)...

PostgreSQL has TRIGGERS implemented to support such requirements. But I
really don't want to use libpq ;) Can I use libgda to use such postgres triggers ?

Maybe I found a usable mechanism within the GdaDataModel - e.g. the gda_data_model_row_inserted
function and others. Within the 'gda_data_model_changed()' function documentation, listeners
are spoken to - but where can I define one ? I couldn't find any listener defining function in the
lib. I think I was blind ;)

I hope there's any possibility to bypass the inefficient table polling, I had to use before.

Thanks in advance for some help.
darius