Re: [gnome-db] gnome-db and complete C/GTK support for SQL DDL???

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 19:05 -0600, Neil Zanella wrote:
> Hello people,

> define tables in C/GTK in an OO manner, write
> the corresponding CREATE statements in
> SQL, retrieve metadata about those statemnts
> in C/GTK, allow me to subclass tables to define
> what needs to be done on inserts, updates, etc...
> to other tables (foreign keys would have built
> in handles to other table types).
>
> So, does gda provide me with this too, or am I
> just about to code all of this myself from scratch
> and make my own library for this?

libgda provides some methods that providers implement to create and drop
tables. Have a look at them (gda_connection_create_table), and see
what's missing and add it.

There's no need to write your own library, just contribute to libgda.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>