[gnome-db] configure did not find libgda.pc

Hello,

I just installed the latest libgda-1.1.99 in a configure make make
install standard way
on Fedora Core 2 Linux. Then I went to configure libgnomedb-1.1.99. And I get:

Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgda.pc'
No package 'libgda' found

configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.4.0 libgda >=
1.1.1) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config
can find them.

But the file is here: why was it not foind by the configure script. I
have more files under
/usr/lib/pkgconfig but I think /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig should be
inspected first somewhoew,
cause it's going to contain more recent stuff anyways.

/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/libgda.pc

So, perhaps the configure.in or configure.am or whatever should be fixed?

Thanks,

Neil