Re: [gnome-db] function call to retrieve default database connection PORT for a given server

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 13:16 -0600, Neil Zanella wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does GNOME-DB provide a function call to retrieve default
> database connection PORT for a given server so that when
> the user selects MySQL or PostgreSQL or whatever I can
> display the correct port number to the user without having
> to have the user remember it?

the PORT and all other parameters are defined in the GdaDataSourceInfo,
in the cnc_string field. You have even functions to parse that string in
the gda-quark-list API:

GdaQuarkList *gda_quark_list_new_from_string (const gchar *string);
const gchar  *gda_quark_list_find (GdaQuarkList *qlist, const gchar
*name);

--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>