[gnome-db] Re: papyrus merge?

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 12:13 +1300, Dru wrote:
> I sent an email before but i think i lost it when the internet died. (I
> think it was just New Zealand) Anyway Rodrigo you suggested before about
> moving payprus into gnome cvs.  Sam who is working on the GTK frontend
> and he would need cvs access.

tell him to ask for a CVS account, he can put myself as contact to
approve the account request.

>   I dont know which project to merge it
> with, mergeant or libgnomedb or create its own cvs tree.

I guess it would be better integrated by parts. That is, some API to get
the reports, generate them, etc, should be in libgda (replacing the
libgda-report part), then the GTK widget for vieweing/editing them
should be in libgnomedb, then, papyrus can just reuse that, or we can
include that code into mergeant.

What do you think about this way of integrating? Is it possible given
the current papyrus code?

Anyway, for the time being, I would import it into CVS in its current
form, so that we can start from there.

>  I'm not fussed
> whatever way we take.  The build process needs to be replaced/updated at
> some point (it uses automake 1.7) but the gtk frontend has its own build
> seperate from papyrus.  I've been considering the idea of using scons
> instead of gnu build tools and have played with it for a payroll system
> i'm writting and found it quite good.

yeah, but the problem is that just a few people have those tools
installed, while everybody compiling on UNIX/Linux has the auto*. So,
even though not perfect, I would stick with the autotools.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>