Re: [gnome-db] papyrus merge?

Vivien Malerba wrote:

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:13:41 +1300, Dru <andru treshna com> wrote:
I sent an email before but i think i lost it when the internet died. (I
think it was just New Zealand) Anyway Rodrigo you suggested before about
moving payprus into gnome cvs.  Sam who is working on the GTK frontend
and he would need cvs access.  I dont know which project to merge it
with, mergeant or libgnomedb or create its own cvs tree. I'm not fussed

If you can wait until we have some detailled plans for merging
libgnomedb and libmergeant, It will avoid you re-writing some code
once the merge is finished. I'll soon post a detailled mergin plan.
yip not a problem.

whatever way we take.  The build process needs to be replaced/updated at
some point (it uses automake 1.7) but the gtk frontend has its own build
seperate from papyrus.  I've been considering the idea of using scons
instead of gnu build tools and have played with it for a payroll system
i'm writting and found it quite good.

IMHO, the build style should remain the same as with the other Gnome
components. Personnaly I would like to see the Gnome CVS be replaced
by a Subversion repository (I've been using Subversion a lot lately
and it's very nice).

Ok i'll leave the autoconf/automake stuff in place and not worry
about updating it.  It'll proberly have to be updated to the same
automake version your running (1.9 i think it is). I did some inital
testing this afternoon and found the two can co-exist without any
problems. I suppose it gives the user another build envoriment to
full back on if the main autoconf fails and makes my life a little
easier for win32 builds.