[gnome-db] Re: Problems with compilation of mergeant from CVS

"Vivien" <malerba gnome-db org> writes:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I was trying to compile mergeant from CVS. The first problem I
>> stumbled upon was that no rule existed to generate marshal.h in
>> the directory libmergeant. I manually did
>>
>> glib-genmarshal marshal.list --header --prefix=marshal > marshal.h
>
> Yes, I know about it; the problem is that the make process goes into
> libmergeant/handlers before it makes the marshal.c and marshal.h in
> libmergeant/. To correct it you can do what you did or simply run 'make
> marshal.c' and the same with marshal.h in libmergeant/.
>
> I don't know how to correct that without having to copy marshal.list into
> handlers/.

Would it work to build the contents i libmergeant before the content
in libmergeant/handlers? In that case changing the row

SUBDIRS = handlers

SUBDIRS = . handlers

should work. See info://automake/Top+level

>> which seemed to work. Also in doc db2html were used to generate
>> documentation i HTML. I did
>>
>> cd /usr/bin; ln -s docbook2html db2html
>
> Which version of gtk-doc are you having?

1.1

>> to make that happen. I still got a lot of errors, bit it seemed to work.
>> The programs in testing and extra seemes a bit outdated. I
>> consistently get errors like:
>>
>> mg-db-browser.c:468: error: too few arguments to function
>> `mg_selector_new'
>
> Yes, I've corrected that yesterday night; please update your CVS copy.

Ah, good, now that works. Instead I got another error related to
libgda. Lets see... yes, updating libgda from CVS fixed that. Could be
mentioned in the README that you need CVS-version of libgda from after
2004-02-28. Otherwise you need to install sql-parser.h by hand. Or
something like that, I haven't studied it thoroughly.

--
                - Mårten

mail: msv kth se *** ICQ: 4356928 *** mobile: +46 (0)707390385