Re: [gnome-db] Gnome-DB documents, GNU FDL and Debian.

On mer, 2004-07-21 at 05:54 -0300, Gustavo R. Montesino wrote:
> > hmm, what other licenses?
>
> GPL would be the ideal.
>
> > AFAIK, we are using the same license as the rest of GNOME, are we not?
>
> I've done some browsing and, although most GNOME documentations seems to
> be GFDL, it doesn't seems to be mandated by the GNOME Foundation.
> Actually, I didn't find even recomendations... Did I miss it?

I found that most API documentations on the GNOME website are licensed
under the LGPL.

Generally, you are best served if you license the documentation and the
software under the same license. A GPL/GFDL dual licensing is also a
good option.
: :' :           josselin mouette ens-lyon org
`. `'                        joss debian org