Re: [gnome-db] New gnome_db widget

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 19:28 +0100, Philippe CHARLIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After working with gnome_db_combo, in fact I needed a widget looking
> like a gtk_option_menu.
>
> I didn't found it in libgnome_db, so I created a new widget :
> "gnome_db_option_menu" working like "gnome_db_combo".
>
> Saying "create" is a big word, I just mimics the code of the combo.
>
> If you are interested, I can send you the code.
>
> I have the 2 files "gnome-db-option-menu.c" and
> "gnome-db-option-menu.h", I do not know what else to do to integrate it
> in libgnome_db.

it would be much better to use GTK's new combo box widget, which works
like an old combo and like an option menu. Thus, we could have the same
widget implementing both scenarios.

If you are interested in doing so, the work involved is only to make
gnome-db-combo.[ch] use the new GTK widget, and add a few API calls to
change the widget behavior (option menu or combo).

If you do this, please send a patch :-)