Re: [gnome-db] gda_firebird_recordset_describe_column is working ?

On Wed, 2004-08-18 at 10:45 +0000, Jeronimo Albi wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 13:30 +0000, Jeronimo Albi wrote:
> >

> >> I noticed that the following Changelog entry is missing in CVS head,
> >>
> >>        * providers/firebird/gda-firebird-recordset.c:
> >>          (gda_firebird_recordset_describe_column): Is working now.
> >>
> >>  I'd like to now if entry is missing because somehing related to an
> >>assert raised
> >>using gnome-database-properties (in my case), after connection with
> >>database.
> >>
> >>         ** (gnome-database-properties:1940): CRITICAL **:
> >>         file gda-data-model.c: line 467 (gda_data_model_describe_column):
> >>         assertion `CLASS (model)->describe_column != NULL' failed
> >>
> >>  I successfully tested gda_data_model_describe_column() with Firebird
> >>provider. But I could not find why assert was reised in
> >>gnome-database-properties.
> >>

> >this seems to be a provider not implementing that method.
> >

> In gda-firebird-recordset.c describe function :
>
>   static GdaFieldAttributes *
>   gda_firebird_recordset_describe_column (GdaDataModel *model, gint col)
>
> is implemented and works fine for me. And in class init is assigned like
> this:
>
>   static void
>   gda_firebird_recordset_class_init (GdaFirebirdRecordsetClass *klass)
>   {
>         GObjectClass *object_class = G_OBJECT_CLASS (klass);
>         GdaDataModelClass *model_class = GDA_DATA_MODEL_CLASS (klass);
>

>         parent_class = g_type_class_peek_parent (klass);
>

>         object_class->finalize = gda_firebird_recordset_finalize;
>         model_class->get_n_rows = gda_firebird_recordset_get_n_rows;
>         model_class->get_n_columns = gda_firebird_recordset_get_n_columns;
>         model_class->describe_column =
> gda_firebird_recordset_describe_column;
>   }
>
> Am i missing something ?

I mean those warnings come from a provider not implementing that, probably other
than the Firebird one. If you're sure it's gda-firebird, then maybe you
are using somewhere one of the GdaDataModel-based classes that don't
have the describe_column method?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>