Re: [gnome-db] epoch and spec file for libgda

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 06:07, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> hmm, I'm not sure we really want to use epoch here. Can anyone with more
> RPM knowledge comment on this?

My research indicates that epoch is useful when a package with a
'lesser' version should really replace a version with a 'higher'
version. So basically it is a 'oops - I goofed' crutch. I'd removed it.
However, I'm no RPM wizard. I just read what docs there are.