Re: [gnome-db] gda_data_model_update_row syntax

On 2003.10.26 01:55, Paisa Seeluangsawat wrote:

I agree that updating GdaDataModel without a unique column is ugly,
shady, and bad in light of Murphie's Law.  I admit guilt of even
mentioning it, and won't mention it again :-).

Just out of curiosity though, I've yet to think up a reason any
logical user who cares about a column that he didn't see would ever
update a row without seeing that column. If Laurent (or anyone) could point this out to me I would be thankful.

The user who does the update may not care about other columns in the table he isn't seeing, but other users of that data who normally look at a different set of columns probably care very much.

Steve.