Re: [gnome-db] gda_data_model_update_row syntax

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 01:55, Paisa Seeluangsawat wrote:
> I agree that updating GdaDataModel without a unique column is ugly,
> shady, and bad in light of Murphie's Law.  I admit guilt of even
> mentioning it, and won't mention it again :-).

Well, it is always good to mention use cases (even if they are bad), so
we can wrote complete test cases.

> Just out of curiosity though, I've yet to think up a reason any
> logical user who cares about a column that he didn't see would ever
> update a row without seeing that column.  If Laurent (or anyone) could
> point this out to me I would be thankful.

You're right, there is apparently no reason the user cares about this.

But since the user is a human, he/she can make mistakes.  We shouldn't
trust him/her.  I think he/she will be happy to be aware of the mistake,
by seeing GDA refusing to update the row.

--
{ "Laurent" => "http://lrz.samika.net"; }