[gnome-db] Re: Minor API change and MySQL [update/delete]_row

On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 14:21, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-10-26 at 02:18, Paisa Seeluangsawat wrote:
> > There's a family of functions that I couldn't find any code using
> > them.  Since they sound like an old, unused updating scheme, I removed
> > them.
> > -	      gda_data_model_begin_edit(),
> > -	      gda_data_model_end_edit(),
> > -	      gda_data_model_cancel_edit(),
> > -	      gda_data_model_is_editing()
>
> I was wondering the same thing.  Are those methods still required?

they were made for the updatable models thing, so that's why they are
not used. They are intended to tell the data model's implementation when
to start batched editions. Thus, the data model can start a transaction
(begin_edit), commit it (end_edit) or rollback it (cancel_edit).

I thought, at the time I wrote that, this was a good way to allow
clients to do batched edits, and commit/rollback many changes at once.
Also, it allows the data model implementation to initialize anything it
might need to in order to do the updates.