Re: [gnome-db] Critical Error || gda-config.c line 136

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 20:53, Met @ Uber wrote:
> I'm not sure exactly whats causing the error.  Its either Mono's
> implementation of OLEDB which sits on top of libgda or its something
> with libgda.

the test program runs correctly, there are no errors.

>  Either way, here is the error I'm getting.  If anyone
> would be kind enough to help me track down the problem, I would greatly
> appreciate it.  Also, the results of gda-test is attached.
>
> ~ Matthew
>
> ====
> [mimetnet rasmus dotGrr]$ mono OleDbTest.exe
>
> ** (System.Data.OleDb:19014): CRITICAL **: file gda-config.c: line 136
> (gda_config_parse_config_file): assertion `len != 0' failed
> A null value was found where an object instance was required
> =======

this is because the file does not exist (~/.libgda/config), which is not
a problem at all, so nothing to worry about. We should probably not
display the warning message at all though.

I guess the problem you're having is that the OleDb test program is
trying to open a libgda data source that does not exist. Look at his
code, and see what name it is using, and either change it, or create a
data source (you can do so running gnome-database-properties, which is
part of libgnomedb) with that name.