Re: [gnome-db] database xml

Le mer 30/07/2003 à 01:13, Philippe CHARLIER a écrit :
> Le mar 29/07/2003 à 20:54, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> --<CUT>--
> >
> > > The database is created with the tables, but with no name (what's the
> > > utility of "gda_xml_database_set_name" ?).
> > > I expected something like :
> > >
> > > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > > <database name="airports">
> > > </database>
> > >
> > hm, what version of libgda are you using?
>
> Version 0.90 (the latest one)
> Compiled as follow :
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> make
> make install
>
> Did I miss something, because with a database create with such access
> rights, only root may access it ???
>
> > About the permission problem, I think it is also fiuxed in latest libgda
> > versions.

Concerning the permission problem, I looked to the "gda-utils.c" file
(function "gda-file-save"). To save the database, the function "open" is
used like this :

fd = open(filename, O_RDWR | O_CREAT);

This leads to some "esoteric" different rights to the saved file
depending on the way you use to launch the program : in a terminal, in a
console or by clicking on the program icon. Furthermore, the rights are
different depending on the Linux distribution you use to launch the
program.
I do not know why.

Is it possible to force the right using (for example) :

fd = open(filename, O_RDWR | O_CREAT, 0644);

See you,

Phil

--
Philippe CHARLIER <p charlier chello be>