Re: [gnome-db] Oracle Provider and How to Contribute

Hi

I'm interested in the Oracle provider. I've been working on *NIX/Oracle
for the last six years and have experience with OCI, GNOME and C. Where
do I start/who do I coordinate with ?

I'm chiefly interested in having an open-source tool on GNOME with
features similar to PL/SQL Developer and TORA on Linux. This roughly
means:

1. DB explorer and editor - I'd like to view, create a modify all DB
entries from the GUI, e.g. table-spaces, data files, users, tables,
indexes, packages and procedures, triggers, etc. Viewing, of course,
includes structure as well as content.
2. Nice syntax highlighted editor for SQL and PL/SQL.

My time is pretty limited and available in short spurts mostly, plus I'm
already involved in other projects - any ideas on how to best utilize it
?

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Biswa.