RE: [gnome-db] Re: new release

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 20:11, Fernando Martins wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > if so, Fernando, please have a look at libgda, which just needs a few
> > bits to run on windows (it compiles but it generates .so instead of .dll
> > for the providers, and so, when opening them, it fails, since it expects
> > a .dll). If you could put some work on this, that would be really great.
> >

> That was exactly where I could not progress. Anyways, I was doing something
> silly, namely, to combine libraries from cygwin (libgda, postgres) with
> libraries compiled for MinGW (glib), and I don't even know if this was
> related.
>
> So, when I restart (can't give a date), I'll begin anew with MinGW as trying
> to compile glib with cygwin brings other issues.

other people also suggested using a windows-app setup, that is,
something like a set of makefiles for MS make, or Visual C/Borland
C/project files.

I remember some years ago I did use glib on a MS-only setup, using the
glib's dlls and MS make. So, I guess we could go that way. Although this
would need to have dlls (and corresponding .lib files) for all the
dependencies, such as glib (already available), libxml and libxslt.