RE: [gnome-db] Re: new release

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 20:11, Fernando Martins wrote:
> > So, when I restart (can't give a date), I'll begin anew with
> MinGW as trying
> > to compile glib with cygwin brings other issues.
> >
> other people also suggested using a windows-app setup, that is,
> something like a set of makefiles for MS make, or Visual C/Borland
> C/project files.
>
> I remember some years ago I did use glib on a MS-only setup, using the
> glib's dlls and MS make. So, I guess we could go that way. Although this
> would need to have dlls (and corresponding .lib files) for all the
> dependencies, such as glib (already available), libxml and libxslt.

AFAIK, glib is only available with MinGW. There are also Windows binaries
for libxml and libxslt http://www.zlatkovic.com/projects/libxml/index.html,
but they were compiled with MS C/C++ compiler. They state it's incompatible
with POSIX layers.

libxml stuff is also available for cygwin, but I've no idea what would it
take to have these compiling also in MinGW.

Regards,
Fernando