Re: [gnome-db] Help with FreeTDS libgda provider

El mié, 08-01-2003 a las 20:11, Zachariah Mully escribió:
> Oops, thanks for pointing out that typo. Regardless fixing it or
> removing one of the *HOST statements didn't work. I am still getting a
> connection error. What would be the best tool for debugging this? I ran
> an strace on gnome-database-properties, but it output volumes of crap,
> and as I expected, didn't show anything regarding the attempted
> connection. What should I be looking at to trace the connection?

I would use tcpdump.

Something like (as root):
# tcpdump -w packets.output -s 1500 tcp port 1433

Then run mergeant and try connecting. After the error, hit Ctrl-C to
interrupt tcpdump.

Finally, use:

# ethereal -r packets.output

Good luck! And, please, report us what you find out. Thank!

--
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
http://www.gnome-db.org/~gonzalo/