[gnome-db] Help with FreeTDS libgda provider

Hello all-
	I am working on getting Mergeant and gnome-db working with our MS-SQL
2000 servers as Query Analyzer is the only program keeping my entire
software development department from moving to Linux desktops. I am
trying to use the FreeTDS provider (not the Sybase provider!) that is
included in the v0.90 of libgda with FreeTDS 0.60.
	I have successfully installed FreeTDS and the FreeTDS provider, I can
successfully connect to our SQL server with both tsql and sqsh. My
/etc/freetds.conf is stock, with this entry for our server:
[prince-tds]
        host = prince
        port = 1433
        tds version = 7.0

Tsql works fine when using this DSN (prince-tds):
$ ./tsql -I /etc/freetds.conf -S prince-tds -U XXXXX
Password:
Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1, Server PRINCE, Line 0
Changed language setting to us_english.
1>

	When I try and setup a new DSN for Mergeant using the DB manager,
regardless of what I specify in the connection string, I can never
connect! Here is my configuration:

Data source name: prince
Provider: FreeTDS
Connection String:
TDS_MINVER=7.0;TDS_HOST=prince;PORT=1433;USER=XXXX;TDS_MAJVER=7.0;
TDS_PORT=1433;DATABASE=XXXX;HOST=prince-tds;TDS_FREETDSCONF=/etc/freetds.conf
Username: XXXX
Password: XXXX

When I use the "test" function, I get "Could not open connection to
prince"

I am unsure of how to track down this connection problem, is it with my
settings?? Or a problem the FreeTDS provider? The documentation is
scarce on how to debug these problems.... Can anyone help? I tried the
suggestion of a recent post, and simply putting "HOST=prince-tds" into
the connection string doesn't work either.

Thanks a bunch.
Zack