Re: [gnome-db] data editing in grid - how?

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 20:47, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 13:17, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > > How is this planned to be done? I'd like to learn more about it and try
> > > to help.
> > >
> > we have added methods to the data model class to allow the
> > addition/removal and modification of rows. Then, we just need to make
> > the grid widget (and other widgets maybe) be editable, and map the
> > changes made in the grid to the data model.
> that means saving the chages directly in database? How will application
> verification of data work?

please read the mail archives, we have talked about that a lot :-)

> How is the grid (and other widgets) made editable?

GtkTreeView allows cells to be editable, so we just have to use that. So
we'll use that for the grid/list.

> > > Will this be like a gnuCash transaction entry?
> > >
> > what is that?
> http://www.gnucash.org/
> attached screenshot of what I think it's a nice editing of data. Note
> the drop-downs. They should have less items as you type, like
> Evolution's To: field, populated from address book.

right. For that we'll need to check which columns reference another
column on another table, and then use the values from that foreig
column.

We already are able to get that information via the GdaFieldAttributes
structure.