Re: [gnome-db] data editing in grid - how?

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 21:50, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was told that Paisa is working on data editing in db grid. He recently
> announced he won't continue to work on gnomedb after the patch removing
> a const.

right, he's not working anymore on it :-( But don't worry, it's planned
for 1.2 and it will be done.

> How is this planned to be done? I'd like to learn more about it and try
> to help.

we have added methods to the data model class to allow the
addition/removal and modification of rows. Then, we just need to make
the grid widget (and other widgets maybe) be editable, and map the
changes made in the grid to the data model.

> Will this be like a gnuCash transaction entry?

what is that?

> That is great as it can have drop-down list which is working very well.

yes, we also need to make other widgets, like the combo (and maybe
create new ones), editable also.

> I see no TODO in libgnomedb cvs, can this be added there with notes
> about implementation?

well, we use the mailing list for that, so please check the archives of
the last month or so. We've been talking about it for a few weeks now.