RE: [gnome-db] datasources:///

> > Ok, I see your point. What about if we continued and made the
> > nautilus view to show some database objects (tables, views,
> > sequences and some user-defined queries) once a datasource is
> > 'enterer into' and then allow the user to modify data from
> > within nautilus in the same way they can modify the files
> > names within a directory?
> > That could be a quick way to manage data. What do you think?
> Nautilus is a _file_ manager.

Thats not really true.  Nautilus is a GNOME VFS object manager.  I manage non-
file data via Nautilus and smb:/http:{Web DAV} all day (it isn't really a
filesystem on the other end of those connections either).

It works for us because it is a familiar way to manage data,  sort of a "Duh!"
thing for most users to delete a contact by going to ..../Contacts selecting
the object with the name of the person and right-click delete.

But I'm only familiar with how GNOME-VFS works,  I don't know jack about
nautilus views and what their limitations are.