Re: [gnome-db] datasources:///

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 15:58, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 18:03, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yesterday I was a bit playing with the "Network Servers" in garnome (you
> > know, network:/// in nautilus), and I had an idea.
> >
> > What do you think about handling data sources in nautilus, for example
> > using datasources:///?  We could also create a "New data source" icon,
> > like "New Server" in the Network Servers window.
> >
> well, nautilus views (which is what network: is) dont make sense for
> everything, and I think they don't for data sources. We already have the
> gnome-database-properties app, which shows up when you go to
> preferences:///Advanced in Nautilus.
>
> I don't think we should be adding a view for that.

Well, I thought that this was a good idea.

Could you explain more in details why you don't want a nautilus view?

What do you think about fonts:/// btw?  Does it make sense?

As Adam mentioned, accessibility will be highly improved with a nautilus
view.  This is an important issue imho.

Cheers,

--
Laurent