RE: [gnome-db] C++ binding

> From: Rodrigo Moya [mailto:rodrigo gnome-db org]
> On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 05:07, Paisa Seeluangsawat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm beginning to use gnome-db, and I plan to use a C++
> wrapper if one
> > exists.  I couldn't find much info from the web.  I found the
> > following entry on the page "People Working on GNOME-DB"
> >
> >    Chris Wiegand, C++ bindings
> >
> > I tried to contact him, but the e-mail bounced back.  Could someone
> > give me some pointers?
> >
> the bindings Chris was working on are now obsolete, and only available
> in the old 0.2.x series.
>
> There was some work started by Murray to have
> libgda/libgnomedb bindings
> as part of gtkmm (http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/). I've CC'ed Murray so
> that he can tell you more about it.
>
> It would be really cool if you could help a little bit Murray and
> complete the bindings. Having C++ bindings for 1.0 would be a really
> good thing :-)

I'm CCing gnomemm-list gnome org instead of myself.

There is a skeleton libgdamm in gnomemm/libgdamm in gnome's cvs. It doesn't
do anything because there is no example code to use it. I have purposefully
not wrapped much or tried to take it further, because I want somebody else
to do that work. I don't think it's difficult though.

First you should take a look at it, and look at gtkmm/docs/internal in the
gtkmm2 tarball if you are not familiar with gtkmm's gtkmmproc wrapping
system. There's lots of information about gtkmmproc in the gtkmm mailing
list archives, but feel free to ask.

Here's what I said the last time somebody asked about libgdamm:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemm-list/2003-June/msg00003.html

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com