RE: [gnome-db] RE: gASQL

Let me see if I understand it. As it is now,
	1) GdaCommand accepts a command and sends it without any parsing to the
provider (except checking the options);
	2) the client provider also sends it without parsing to the DBMS

Are you considering the possibility of GdaCommand to accept GDA's SQL and
convert it to the provider's dialect?

> but the point is, if you know the SQL needed to do it, you just use a
> GdaCommand and execute it on the server. What we really need is to let
> the client do the job without knowing what provider it's talking to.

All right. Nothing is lost and it's better to have modify_schema() simpler.

Regards,

Fernando