Re: [gnome-db] Mergeant forms status

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 15:33, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> Le jeu 12/09/2002 à 19:11, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
>
> > > I think it is better because it occupies less space in the form (and
> > > leaves more for the actual data). I just want to remove the keyboard
> > > focus for it and re-enable mouse sensitiveness.
> > >
> > well, I'm talking about something like
> > http://primates.ximian.com/~rodrigo/extra-options.png. As you can see,
> > the little button with the arrow just occupies a little space, and it's
> > purpose its clearer to the eye of the user, I think. Then, once pressed,
> > we can present the menu, as the image shows and as you are already
> > doing.
>
> Right this is what I've done and just commited. I've just read the HIG,
> it's very helpfull: there will be more dialogs to rework to be conform
> to it.

cool, it looks much better! only one thing which is the size of the
buttons with the arrow. Can it be made smaller, so that it's got the
same height than the GtkEntry next to it?

Sorry for bringing so many details, but the form is looking so nice,
that I find the small problems very easily :-)

> should
> enabled?
> > >
> > > For now they are enabled, but I want to convert this into a global
> > > option: whether to ask confirmation before SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT or
> > > DELETE calls (so each user can set wether he wants to check the queries
> > > before they are commited). The default would be no confirmation for
> > > SELECT, and confirmation for the others.
> > >
> > nice, leave that to me, since as I told you, I'll be working on a unique
> > preferences dialog, so I'll include this option also.
> >

> Ok. For this I will modify the ServerAccess object and issue a
> confirmation dialog whenever necessary from the user preferences.

what do you mean?

Also, what are you using for configuration right now? just the XML file
describing the connection? I think we should use GConf.

My idea is to have the settingsdialog.c file I just added with lots of
accessor functions for the different settings
(settings_get_show_confirmation_dialog, for instance), so that the rest
of mergeant just calls those functions to set/get the configuration
settings.

Also, I wanted to start looking at what config settings we want to have,
as soon as I finish moving the plugins configuration to the new settings
dialog, so, what do we want to have as preferences? I've thought so far
about:

Interface
	Save window position on exit (yes/no)
Database
	Connection preferences
Plugins
	The current plugin preferences dialog

as you see, it's very basic, so please tell me what else we'll be
needing.