Re: [gnome-db] Mergeant forms status

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 10:41, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've commited the latest work on the mergeant forms. It is now possible
> to do INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE operations for the tables. You'll
> notice, at the right or each data enty in any form a small vertical bar:
> it is used to do some special actions on the corresponding entry (set to
> NULL, set to default value) and shows the current status of the entry
> (green for a NULL entry, blue for an entry set to the default value, red
> if the entry must be modified before any commit and gray if none of the
> previous status applies).

wow, looks great! and works!!!!!

> There are however still some work to be done:
> * UI bugs

I'm not an UI expert at all (you all know that :-), but it seems to me
the forms dialog need some UI fixes. For instance, I think the vertical
bar should be better changed to be a button with an arrow. The current
vertical bar looks confusing IMO

Also, I would like to have the form being able to display
one-record-at-a-time but also the whole data in the form of a grid. So,
what about adding an option menu that lets the user select how to
display the data (record-at-a-time or grid)? We could reuse the same
navigation buttons, and just add actions to select/move/edit rows in the
grid.

Also, the dialogs that ask whether to run the SQL commands or not should
be removed. Or are those just displayed because of debug being enabled?

Maybe some people with better UI knowledge than me can make some more
suggestions, so, please vivien, make a screenshot of the dialog, and
send it to the list, so that other people can have a look without
compiling from CVS.

Anyway, great job!