Re: [gnome-db] Can't set default provider. Is it a bug?

* [ Antonio G. - Geotronix <antonio sunstone it>
* Tue, 29 Oct 2002 02:12:05 +0100 ]
> What else can I control to see why I can't connect to the database?

First, ensure that /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf allows you to connect.
Something like:
host all YOUR_IP_HERE YOUR_NETWORK_HERE trust

will allow you to connect without password. Change trust by crypt to use
passwords.

If after restarting it does not work, you can modify
/etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf setting this values:

debug_level = 1
debug_print_query = on
log_connections = on
log_pid = on
log_timestamp = on
syslog = 2
tcpip_socket = 1

Before setting others, try tcpip_socket = 1 and restart the server. If
not, add the other values, restart the server and look in
/var/log/postgres.log (may be also logged to other files depending on
the facility used. You can set it with syslog_facility = NAME).

That should give you some hints about what's happening.

-Gonzalo
--
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
http://www.gnome-db.org/~gonzalo/